I’ve made many granola recipes, such as this Simple Healthy Granola Recipe. Since I moved house last year, I don’t have the space anymore hence why I now resort to minimalist baking. This granola recipe is perfect if you’re like me or if you really cannot be bothered to make complicated granola.
Easy-peasy granola (serves 3-4)
1 1/2 cup jumbo oats
4 palmful of single or mixed nuts, roughly chopped (I used 1 palmful each of pecans, almonds, hazelnuts, cashew nuts)
2 tablespoons of maple syrup
Optional: dried fruits, chia seeds, flax seeds
- Preheat the oven to 170c
- Roughly chop the nuts
- Place the oats and nuts into a mixing bowl
- Now add the maple syrup and give the mixture a good stir to ensure all that all of the oats and nuts are coated
- Line a baking tray with baking parchment and spread the granola mixture onto the tray.
- Bake for 20 mins or until the mix starts to brown. Give the granola a stir halfway.
- Remove from the oven to cool. If you’re adding extra items into the granola such as those listed above, add them now and combine well.
- Ensure the granola is cool before placing in a container. However you can eat now whilst warm!